Hurray! My first ever blogging award 🙂 Fede, thank you for liking my posts and nominating me for this award. It certainly means a lot as its my first award and an inspiration to stay on. Please check out Fede’s blog here. Her posts about travel in Europe are so beautifully written and very informative.
The Award rules:
- Write a post to show your award.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Thank whoever nominated you, and provide a link to their blog.
- Select a few other blogs you want to give the award to.
Why I started this blog?
On one fine lazy day, I was sitting alone in my house recounting the old memories about my travels. One after another — the places I traveled, people I met, food I ate, risks I had taken, experiences I had. In that overwhelming flow of thoughts, I didn’t realized when I picked up my laptop and typed away my first post “My Story“. That’s how it all began. Along the way, I came across many good writers/ travel bloggers and it became an easy tool to connect with these like-minds and virtually travel the world along with them. And I didn’t realize when it became an integral part of my routine.
Two pieces of advice
- Write your heart out. Don’t bother to please anyone out there.
- Keep it simple silly. Short and nit.
- A picture is worth thousand words. Back your thoughts with suitable photos. And don’t forget to thank photographer.
Did I just gave three? :p
And the award goes to
I am going to nominate blogs that I never miss reading and search through “followed sites” every morning to begin my day on excellent note. They are such an inspiration. I can’t thank them enough for the beautiful posts they write, I hope to pay back a little with this..
- The shooting star – Just a girl who travels. And has wonderful stories to share. I admire her adventurous spirit and how she made travel her raison d’etre.
- No particular place to go – Anita and Richard who left their home to travel the world at the age of 60, simply inspire me with their enthusiasm, will and love for the travel.
- Adventure in wonderland – Alison and Don, couple in sixties who sold their lock stock and barrel and decided to travel the world. I admire their perspective on travel, life, living, almost anything.
- Simoneteffect – for his beautiful pure black and white photographs of workaday life. World is monochrome, if you let it be that simple.
- Bon Voyage – for the mind blowing photoblog and short, sweet travel stories.
- HJKhiking – hiking tales from Hong Kong
- Emily Goes Forth – She has traveled a world with a zeal. I think mostly solo, at such young age. Her travel stories are fascinating.
- Enchanted Forests – a blog about flora n fauna. I learn something new here everyday.
- Itchy feet – Srilankan boy with an itchy feet. Another beautiful travel blog I am fond of.
- Granola Shotgun – He write stories about city, spaces and our place within the city. I enjoy every read.
They are all awesome people. Please check their blogs out.